Off The Diving Board

One day I was at my sister’s friend’s house.  They had a pool in the back. I told my mom this was the day I was going to go off the diving board.  I went up and I hesitated.  Then I looked down.  It felt like a  long, long, long, long, long jump.
I jumped and after 2 seconds I was looking at people’s legs.  I was so happy in the moment but a little bit scared.  It felt like there was zero gravity.  I went straight up and my mom smiled back.  Then I told her I was going to do a cannonball, then I was going to do a double 360, then a 360 in to a 180.  I felt so happy cause I can do all of those. Now I am doing bike tricks and I feel so brave. I even am going off my steps.  My butt hurts sometimes. But, know you can do more things than you think you can!

One thought on “Off The Diving Board”

1. Hi Landon,
    This is a fabulous example of a time when you had to reach deep down inside yourself and find some strong determination. I like how you shared your feelings before, during and after. Each courageous step we takes helps us take more and more.
    Thank you for sharing your story!
    ✏️Mrs. Eaves