IT’S A HURRICANE

“Ladies and gentleman take cover AHHHHH” said a voice over the radio screeching. George looked up and saw the trees swaying hard and the wind shaking the house. He yelled to his mom “IT’S A HURRICANE.” Mom grabbed him and his two brothers and took them to the shelter. Mom turned the radio back on and the announcer was warning everyone to stay in place.  “The winds are 105 mph so its a level 4 hurricane.” George, his brothers Joe and Nick looked up and saw the wind pounding, pounding, pounding. It felt like the roof was going to blow off and the radio said, “The Hurricane is at Level 5 do not move out of your shelter” The wind started to slow down it felt like it was over. I looked up into the sky one more time the radio was wrong it was clear skies. The radio spoke again “Orlando you are in the eye of the storm”. My mom explained that sometimes the eye of the storm can feel calm, but the other side can be just as bad.   We all sat waiting and listening to the radio hoping it would soon be over.

5 thoughts on “IT’S A HURRICANE”

1. Wow, what a great story, Landon!! You used so many awesome elaboration strategies. I’m almost done with your album cover 🙂

2. You used onamoapia. And it was good of you to put some facts in there too.

Great job, hope to see you soon. Thanks for the Harry Potter book!

3. You’re welcome and do you think I should make a part two cause it sort of ended in the middle of nowhere I’m thinking or is it just me